Per guidelines set by the Professional Skaters Association (PSA), any skater or parent wishing to switch private lesson coaches at any time must follow the following procedure:
1. Contact your current coach and express your reasons for wanting to switch to another coach. There may be a way to correct the situation and the need to switch could be resolved before a change is necessary.
2. Make sure you paid your account balance in full with your current coach.
3. Discuss this change with your child. Make sure he/she is comfortable with the changes you are about to make.
1. Direct the client to first make contact with the former coach.
2. When this has been done, contact the current coach. Make sure there is no possible resolution to the situation.
3. Confirm that all outstanding balances are paid in full with the current coach prior to scheduling any lessons. NO lessons should be given prior to receiving confirmation of account status. There are often exceptions and discrepancies. These need to be handled on a case by case basis.
1. Switching coaches, if the above procedures are followed, should not affect the skater's relationship with other skaters (except regarding working in groups).
2. Do not isolate or make an outcast of a skater who has switched from your coach to another coach.
3. Do not encourage others to switch from their current coach.
4. Treat all skaters with equal respect.
5. While on the ice everyone must follow the same set of rules.